Mission, Vision and Values
To foster and increase the appreciation, knowledge, and conservation of Ontario's birds within an equitable and inclusive organization.
An inclusive and engaged community of people in Ontario who are interested in birds, with different levels of experience and expertise, and who share a passion for birds and birding.
- Inclusion of all people with an interest in birds
- Evidence-based information and education
- Working and engaging with other groups and organizations
- Non-partisan support for the conservation of birds and their habitat
- Promoting greater equity in the birding community
- Respectfully sharing information and helping others learn
Ontario Field Ornithologists (OFO) was formed in 1982 and incorporated in 1986 with the following goals, which continue to be relevant and to guide our activities:
- To promote the appreciation and conservation of Ontario’s birds
- To disseminate information relating to the status, identification, distribution, ecology and behaviour of Ontario’s birds
- To encourage observation and field studies of Ontario’s birds
- To adjudicate records of rare birds and to maintain an official list of Ontario birds
- To carry on printing, publishing, selling and distributing literature about Ontario’s birds